Welcome to Careers at Chubb!
The Information That We Collect About You And How We Use It
If you are interested in a job at Chubb and you choose to create an account through Careers at Chubb, to complete an on-line application, or to submit additional information to us, we will use that information to evaluate your application for employment and for related recruiting, reporting and recordkeeping purposes.
If Chubb hires you, the information that you submitted through Careers at Chubb will become part of your personnel file and may be used to administer the employment relationship and for related reporting and recordkeeping purposes. Chubb will retain this information for the entire duration of your employment relationship with the Company and for as long thereafter as permitted or required by applicable law.
Chubb will retain information of applicants who are not hired for one year after the hiring decision has been made unless the applicant indicates that we may maintain the information on file until the applicants asks to delete the information. These records will be retained for our internal recordkeeping and reporting purposes. During that time, we may use your information to consider you for positions in addition to the position(s) for which you initially applied.
How We May Share Your Information
Chubb will not sell, lease, or license your personal information to any third party. There are limited circumstances when Chubb may share the information that you submit on-line with third parties, most notably:
- With third-party service providers. We may, for example, retain a third party to host some or all or portions of this site, to help maintain and manage our databases, to assist in the recruiting process, or to communicate with applicants. We prohibit providers from using your information for other purposes and from further disclosing your information without our prior approval;
- With affiliated companies, such as grandparent, parent and/or subsidiary corporations;
- When required by law, such as when we respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, or a discovery request;
- If we believe that your actions violate applicable law, or threaten the rights, property, or safety of our Company, our users, or others;
- If we sell some or all of our business, we may disclose all of the information that we have collected about you to a purchaser or, in due diligence, to a potential purchaser but subject to a confidentiality agreement.
Careers at Chubb may contain links to third-party sites. Your use of each of those sites is subject to the conditions, if any, that each of those sites has posted. We have no control over sites that are not ours, and we are not responsible for any changes to, or content on, them. Our inclusion on our sites of any third-party content, or a link to a third-party site, is not an endorsement of that content or third-party site.
We want you to feel confident about using Careers at Chubb, so we have implemented a security program to keep information that is transmitted to our systems protected from unauthorized access. Your submissions of information to our secure server are protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology, utilized by most popular browsers to safeguard transmissions. This technology allows us to use encryption tools to protect information transmitted between your computer and our server. Through encryption, the personal information you enter, including your name, address, and Social Security number (if requested), is converted into code that is then securely dispatched over the Internet. Once our secure server receives your encrypted personal information, it is translated back into its original form and stored in our off-line database. After we have received your information, access to it is limited to those with a need to know.
While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you submit to Careers at Chubb, and you do so at your own risk. We urge you to keep your username, password and any other log-in credentials in a safe place as you share responsibility for maintaining the confidentiality of the information that you submit to us. It is a good practice to sign off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to Careers at Chubb.
Updating Your Information/Questions About This Policy
Changes To This Policy
The new policy will replace any prior policies that are inconsistent. Please check periodically for changes to this Policy, and especially before you provide any personal information to us.